Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Game Graphics

From: James Nash
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Game Graphics
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:10:14 +0100

Hi there!

The Adonthell gfx are in the mobj format because items on the maps may be animated or consist of several graphics so we needed our own format for that. I'm not sure if I still have the 0.3 graphics around, if they are I may publish them but be warned that they are in the slightly exotic PNM format (Gimp supports it) ...or was that 0.2? I can't remember :P

However I'll be creating some new graphics for the next version (0.4) soon. They will be higher res and better quality and IIRC in PNG format (Kai? Alex? Help me out here)

Small note from a creative point of view though: Although you're free to re-use our graphics (if I find the original files) and I'm happy if they can help you, I would recommend to just use them for a demo or as a starting point for your own graphics. A lot of our stuff is specific to our story-line (eg: Redwyne Inn) and may look out of place in another game. Also you may want to find your own artistic style that is unique to your game to make it stand out from the rest.

Just my 2ยข :)

I'll post back to this list if I find the files!

                - James