Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Flooring...

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Flooring...
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 13:37:03 +0200

On Wed, 28 May 2003 19:28:24 -0500 James Nash wrote:

> I recently designed a few textures for different kinds of tiled
> flooring. Some are still only on paper and probably won't get scanned
> until after my exams. I did however make a simple one in Gimp the
> other day. I have attached  variations for your viewing pleasure!
>
> Although they are technically perfectly usable as they are I plan to
> change them a bit. Right now each image has one big tile in the middle

[...]

> If you're confused then don't worry! I'm trying to describe something
> really simple here in words that is probably a lot easier to explain
> in images. If I can get to a linux box with Gimp tomorrow I'll fix the
> images and make some demo fake-shots to show you what I mean.

I was confused first, but after seeing the tiles it was perfectly clear
what you mean :).

I agree that it wouldn't matter if the color of the diamonds would
always be the same (although you could easily make 2 different sets of
tiles that you couldn't mix).

As for the tiles themselves, I like the d variation most. The colors of
a and b are a little boring, while c seems to be too colorfull (for my
taste). That doesn't mean that they're bad or anything. I just wouldn't
pave my own floor with them ;).

So that's been a great job once again. Really glad that at least one
artist is back and working :). Wanna see more!!! :)

Cheers,

Kai