RE: [Adonthell-artwork] new res char take two

From: walther-franks
Subject: RE: [Adonthell-artwork] new res char take two
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:22:49 +0100

Good point. A slight twist to the front would do the side view pretty good.
As soon as the character walks this would have to be changed, though, since
otherwise he wouldn't be looking in the direction he'd be walking. I'll work
around with the base frame and post the results.

> Another thing, that doesn't apply to the current guy but rather for
> future works, is that images shouldn't be symetric. Of course, with
> clothed/haired characters, this will be much easier to achieve. Maybe
> also the moving arms could appear more "free" - make them bow a bit,
> etc. The CT animations, available at the website Nezumi sent once (don't
> have it here, sorry), are a good example of this I think.
>
> Of course, above suggestions would rather apply to future creations -
> such anonymous moves are probably better for a model than an already
> styled way to walk.

Again: very true. Few of the wastesedge chars were completely symmetric.
Unsymmetric characters seem much more alive.
Also, most characters would be individually created and this would give them
their own individual posture and movement, so don't fear mindless,
identical-moving drones, that's pretty unlikely. Again, the animations I am
producing now are mainly to a) test and practice animation in the new
resolution and b) to serve as some base for future work (as in the end
everything we make is used for reference in later work - I still often check
out the old screenshots and characters...).

"...Things... can only get better..." (Hum along to the tune...)  :)

> ... and anyway, you know how a bad public I am ;) The current character
> is already looking VERY good - these are only a few details that could
> IMO slightly improve it.

Thanks! I couldn't live without your critical remarks, so keep on!  ;)

BEN