Re: [Adonthell-artwork] first new res anim

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] first new res anim
Date: 13 Mar 2002 09:58:10 +0100

> > Et voila! My first walking humanoid in the new resolution! He may be a
> > bit stiff, but he's walking! (Watch it ideally with 50 ms a frame)
>
> He's cool :). I've attached an animated gif (beware! ;)) of the guy for
> those that don't want to put stuff together themselves. I decided to use
> 75ms per frame, though.
>
> I guess he appears a little stiff since only arms and legs are moving.
> In reality, some of the muscles on his chest might be moving as well, as
> would his head. That's not so important for now though. After all, he's
> just a model for the real ones. And as such he's definately great!

Woooo he's simply great! Same remarks as Kai about the fact that only
legs and arms are moving - this shocked me a little at the beginning,
but after a bit of persistance it looks more natural. Maybe the head
should move a little bit too, (sort of "bounce" maybe). On characters
with clothes, additional animation will be much easier to do, I guess.

But on the animation itself, I can't say anything but great, great,
great. It's 6 frames, as the Chr**o character I'm using for now, but
while I can't explain why, the animation looks much smoother. This is
probably because the frames fit very well together.

Well, will have to turn him into a test character for the new map
engine! :)
Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org