[Adonthell-artwork] map gfx design

From: cirrus
Subject: [Adonthell-artwork] map gfx design
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 21:33:59 +0000

Here's a sketch of what I'd like to make as mapgfx. It's the entrance to
the mines of Uzdun'kal (that's the correct spelling, right?). There's
some changes I'd make - the walls with the faces left and right would be
narrower and smaller (otherwise you'd never get to see them while
walking around!).
Of course the quality of the finished gfx would be a LOT better than
this and things like the water and the fires would be animated.

I wanted to make it look a little ominous - so the player isn't too sure
what to expect inside but above all it should be impressive. After
hiking through the mountains the player should see this and think "YES!
I've made it!". I've also tried to use straight edges and corners for
the dwarvish architecture to contrast it more with elvish architecture
which would be more rounded and organic looking.

I hope you like it! If you do I can set about making some of this for
real. My holidays start next week so I'll have some more time (not
thaaat much time though 'coz I gotta revise for f*%&^^ing exams :( )

        -James
--
  /    / /__/ /__/ /  / /__                 Reg. Linux User #148821

JPEG image