Re: [Adonthell-artwork] first new res anim

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] first new res anim
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 14:32:20 +0100

On Wednesday 06 March 2002 13:39, you wrote:
> > An average human measures roughly 80 pixels when regarded at a 45 degree
> > angle from the top. So the pic itself from hair to toes fits exactly on
> > two tiles. I have attached the corrected pic of the skeleton plus a quick
> > scan of a possible human south frame, if that's any help.
>
> Yeah, looks better to me. The character is still a bit more than 2
> tiles, but I guess this is rather due to the quick scan (so it should be
> - don't hit me - *slightly* smaller). Anyway, there is still an amazing
> level of details possible when working at this size. 640x480 rocks! :)

C'mon! It shouldn't really matter whether the character is 75 or 82 pixels
tall.

If you look at the doors I made for the cellar, they are not even 30px high,
but you don't notice that the character is taller than the door. So the
characters could be slightly larger than the scenery without anyone noticing.

Besides, I imagine the new res characters will differ more in size than the
old ones, which where all 30px tall (save Dwarves and children). So an Elf
might well be 85px, whereas a midget yeti would be no more than 45px.

As everybody seems to agree, the numbers we come up with should be
guidelines, nothing else. So I would say an average character would be about
two tiles tall, ±5px. The rest we should leave to the artists :).

Kai