RE: [Adonthell-artwork] first new res anim

From: walther-franks
Subject: RE: [Adonthell-artwork] first new res anim
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 12:34:26 +0100

> Perhaps we should define some guidelines for the size of our graphics.
> Like how many pixel make 1 meter, for example. I imagine with our
> top-down
> view, we'd have different scales for the different dimensions.
> The y and z
> directions are squished somewhat.

Yes, that is a must. I have made some calculations, and have come up with
the following:

We all agree that an average human measures about 80 pixels from a 45 degree
angle top view from head to heel.

to get the 'front view'-size for this we have to divide by sqrt(1/2), since
actual height * sqrt(1/2) = viewed hight.

80px / sqrt(1/2) = 113,14px is the 'actual size' of the average human. Now
if we consider him to be 1,75m tall that gives you 113.14px * 1/1,75 = 64,65
=roughly 65 pixels per Meter for the x-dimension, which is not shortened by
the angled view.

The y-dimension is, however. 65 * sqrt(1/2) = 45,96 so let's say 45 pixels
per Meter on the y-axis.

Is this utter nonsense or useable in any way?

BEN