ada-mode-users

Re: How to build with Alire

From: Manuel Gómez
Subject: Re: How to build with Alire
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 23:13:04 +0200

El 10/10/23 a las 17:49, Stephen Leake escribió:
Left Right <olegsivokon@gmail.com> writes:
So, is there a way to tell Ada mode to first run something like `alr
printenv' to find out the necessary variables, and then use that
environment when running the build?

ada-mode is not fully Alire aware.

You can run alr printenv by hand:

alr printenv > alr.env

and then prefix the current ada-build-make-cmd string with
"source alr.env; ". I do that in a makefile; I have not tried it using
ada-build.

There is also a direct way to run a command within the Alire environment:

   alr exec -- emacs

--
Manuel