ada-mode-users

Re: [JP Gaminf] ./wisitoken-bnf-generate failing to create the parse tab

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [JP Gaminf] ./wisitoken-bnf-generate failing to create the parse table: OOM killer.
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2022 07:55:58 -0700

Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org> writes:

> -------------------- Start of forwarded message --------------------
> From: JP Gaminf <jpx0208@gmail.om>
>
> Is there a way I can get around the wisitoken parse table generator being
> killed by the OOM killer? I have tried building the newer ada-mode 7.3.0 &
> subsequently the wisi 4.0.0 but each time the build script gets to the part
> where it must generate the parse table the program takes humongous amounts
> of memory (about 3GB when I was able to look at it before the program got
> killed), I am using devuan chimaera (debian 11) with the adacore GNAT
> community edition 2021 toolchain, if that may be of help.

Ah, that is a problem. It takes 5.5 GB peak on my machine.

I can't attach it here 57 MB exceeds the savannah mail handler limit.

I've posted it on the savannah downloads page:
https://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/ada-mode/ . But it will
take up to 48 hours to actually be available, even though the web page
lists it - before that, the file you download is actually html saying
"not found".

Hmm. I should have added a version to the file name. Next time ...

--
-- Stephe