ada-mode-users

ada-mode hangs on startup and consumes 100% CPU

From: Stephane Carrez
Subject: ada-mode hangs on startup and consumes 100% CPU
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 17:35:32 +0200

Hi,

When starting emacs ada-mode 7.3, I was having some hang when editing a first
Ada file.  Looking at the CPU, emacs was consuming 100% of CPU.

I discovered that for some reason the `ada_annex_p_lr1_parse_table.txt`
was not installed correctly and this made the `ada_mode_wisi_lr1_parse`
to fail to start.  Then, it seems that emacs loops trying to start this
program until it succeeds.  May be it would be useful to have some indication
somewhere about the issue?

Of course the solution was to copy the file in the same directory
where the ada_mode* program are installed.

Best regards,

Stephane