ada-mode-users

Re: savannah git repository now available

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: savannah git repository now available
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 21:07:14 +0100

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 8:15 PM Stephen Leake <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't know what that error means.

.git/HEAD contains refs/heads/master, but .git/refs/heads is empty. It should have at least one file, master, containing the commit-id of the head rev.

Now, why isn't so, I have no idea. I mean, it is possible to clone with --bare and then check out the org.emacs.ada-mode branch, as Simon pointed out. Or use -b in the clone command.

But, in absenceĀ of -b, the clone should make the local HEAD point to the cloned repository's HEAD, so the error suggests something is not entirely right in the remote repository.

> Maybe you tried to checkout while I
> was in the middle of pushing? (although I would expect git to handle
> that nicely).

No, it still happens.