ada-mode-users

Re: [Ada-mode-users] [patch] ada-gnat-xref-common-args: Wrong type argum

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Ada-mode-users] [patch] ada-gnat-xref-common-args: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 16:06:59 -0600

Ludovic Brenta <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> ada-gnat-xref-adj-col calls (char-after (point)) in the wrong buffer.
> This occasionally triggers a bug when point was on an operator decl.
> To reproduce:
>
> - open an Ada source file and an (possibly automatically) Ada-mode
>   project file.
> - Move point to the operator name in a declaration such as:
>
> function "+" (Left : in Day; Right : in Integer) return Day;
>
>   (if your source file contains no such declaration, make one first).
>
> - C-x b SPACE SPACE to show the list of all buffers, even hidden ones.
> - Go to the hidden buffer ' *gnat-run-.....*', which should contain the
>   output of "gnat list -v" with source, object and project search
> paths.
> - C-x > to go to the end of that buffer.
> - C-c C-d.
> ada-gnat-xref-common-args: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p,
> nil

My first try at reproducing this gave:

gnat: 'gnat find -P' is no longer supported;

from GNAT GPL 2016; so you are using an old version of gnat.

I reverted to GNAT GPL 2015; the error then is "debug.ali not found"

Note that ada-gnat-xref-common-args is not in the released or monotone
versions, and I have not looked at that patch in detail.

Since this is only a problem if there is a preceding bug (gnat xref not
finding a reference), or the user messes with a private buffer ('
*gnat-run-...*'), and gnat-xref is going away, I don't think this is
worth fixing.

--
-- Stephe