a2ps

Re: joining multiple EPS files

From: Michel Donais
Subject: Re: joining multiple EPS files
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 00:31:27 -0400

Hello,

I'm trying to print 132 column reports on letter size paper in portrait
mode from an ascii source.
The lp -oc command prints these reports perfectly on a text printer,
but in the current case we have to convert to postscript.

I'm using 'a2ps --pretty-print=plain --borders=no -B --chars-per-line=132
--lines-per-page=60 --portrait --medium=Letter ' and I get 71 lines on each
page,
versus 60 with lp  -oc. The font size is roughly the same, but the lines are
spaced
much more closely.

How can I get a2ps to 'stretch' the output to fill 1 page with 60 lines?

Michel