xwem-devel

Re: [XWEM]: Re: xwem under cygwin

From: Zajcev Evgeny
Subject: Re: [XWEM]: Re: xwem under cygwin
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 15:34:13 +0300

Alexey Mikhailov <address@hidden> writes:

> Zajcev Evgeny -> Alexey Mikhailov  @ Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:35:14 +0300:
>
>  ZE> Most probably, try it out and write us about result.  Hey Steve did
>  ZE> you noticed any problems with xlib-2.0rc01? i.e. does xlib-hello works
>  ZE> for you?
>
>  ZE> to check xlib
>
>  ZE>   M-: (require 'xlib-xlib) RET
>  ZE>   M-: (require 'xlib-hello) RET
>  ZE>   M-x XX-Hello RET 127.0.0.1:0 RET
>

>  ZE> BTW: Alexey, whats yours byte-order?  The thing is that xlib yet
>  ZE> limited to little endian (LSB), i.e. x86, vax, etc
>
>  ZE> Thanks!
>
> I'm unlucky :-( Doesn't work for me. Yes, i have little endian byte-order.
> BTW, i'm using Debian and XEmacs 21.4, also i have GNU Emacs
> 21.3. Trying to run xlib in GNU Emacs i got:
>
> apply: Wrong type argument: stringp, X-Error
> X: Removing process #<process X-127.0.0.1:0>.
>
> Trying in XEmacs i got the same result that  was described by me and Andrey
> Slusar.

Ok, i understood.  i will create some testing suite for xlib to check
local environment and report a bug, so there will be some info to find
out where problem lies.

Also note, xlib-1.0 was working on GNU Emacs.  xlib-2 totally drops
supporting GNU Emacs, because it(GNU Emacs) does not provide much
infrastructure to make xlib fast and optimized.  However,
compatibility layer can be easily created (however loosing some
functionality), but I will not be able to maintain it.

--
lg