xwem-devel

Re: [XWEM]: CVS build is borked

From: Zajcev Evgeny
Subject: Re: [XWEM]: CVS build is borked
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:06:58 +0400

Erik Arneson <address@hidden> writes:

> Guys,
>
> The CVS tree doesn't really like to build properly.  It goes a lot like
> this:
>
> $ make
> ===> xlib
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/erik/src/xwem/xlib'
> xemacs -batch -q -eval \("setq autoload-package-name \"xlib\""\) -f
> batch-update-directory .
> Updating autoloads in directory /home/erik/src/xwem/xlib...
> No autoloads found in xlib/cus-load.el
> No autoloads found in xlib/custom-load.el
> No autoloads found in xlib/xlib-const.el
> No autoloads found in xlib/xlib-load.el
> Generating autoloads for xlib/xlib-math.el...
> Generating autoloads for xlib/xlib-xc.el...
> Generating autoloads for xlib/xlib-xlib.el...
> Generating autoloads for xlib/xlib-xr.el...
> No autoloads found in xlib/xlib-xwin.el
> Wrote /home/erik/src/xwem/xlib/auto-autoloads.el
> Wrote /home/erik/src/xwem/xlib/auto-autoloads.el
> cp auto-autoloads.el xlib-autoloads.el
> xemacs -batch -q -eval \("push default-directory load-path"\) -l xlib-load -f
> batch-byte-compile ./xlib-autoloads.el
> Already loaded
> xemacs exiting
> .
> make[1]: *** [xlib-autoloads.elc] Error 255
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/erik/src/xwem/xlib'
> make: *** [all] Error 1
>
> If I go through and manually edit the autoload files every time it
> fails, I can eventually get the build to last long enough that it won't
> die until trying to build in the egx directory, at which point it dies
> after a setf call does something illegal.

xlib/egx/xwem at Savannah are definitely broken.  Currently i have not
enough time to sync cvs repos at savannah and xemacs-packages.  Use
xlib/xwem that is at xemacs packages.

BTW: commits firstly occurs at xemacs packages repo.  After sync,
commits will go to savannah and exports to xemacs packages.

--
lg