xouvert-general

RE: [xougen] Announce: xf86lite project: xplit xf86 into small pieces

From: xander van wiggen
Subject: RE: [xougen] Announce: xf86lite project: xplit xf86 into small pieces
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 19:15:34 +0000

Hi folks,

I've just started a project called x86lite:

    http://wiki.metux.de:7000/wiki/index.php/Xf86lite

I'm gonna splitting the large xf86 tree into small pieces, si
single packages can be built individally, so we do not need
the whole xf86 if just only parts (ie xlib) are required.
This also includes making the whole stuff completely cross-
compile'able and support completly automated builds.

Keith Packard c.s. have done exactly that the last year (see http://www.freedesktop.org and
the Xorg  server); modularization and automated builds are in progress...