xouvert-general

Re: [xougen] merging

From: Patrick McFarland
Subject: Re: [xougen] merging
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:33:41 -0500

On 30-Oct-2003, address@hidden wrote:
> I dont think, this is necessary - better invest more time in
> an separate detection application, which automatically generates
> the configuration.
>
> Well, perhaps it's useful to add autodetect modules to the server's
> drivers, which produce machine readable output, so we have evrything
> in one place, but the autodetect stuff doesnt necessarily have to
> be loaded, if not needed.

I dont really want an autodetect module. All you'll be doing is cloning what
 discover, mdetect and read-edid do, which is what most distro-specific X
config programs do; which means I agree with the assessment that having a new
xconfig program that can autodetect would be a good thing.

--
Patrick "Diablo-D3" McFarland || address@hidden