Re: [Xlog-discussion] Xlog and FT-817ND

From: Andy Stewart
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Xlog and FT-817ND
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 12:26:06 -0400

On 03/23/2014 11:49 AM, Pete Spotts wrote:

Hi folks,

I'm running the latest version of Xlog, which plays nicely with my
FT-817ND -- except -- when I shut the FT-817 down while Xlog is
running. If I come back from a break and try to turn on the radio, it
won't activate unless I close Xlog. Or, more accurately, if I keep
pushing the power button on the radio, if I my timing is lucky, the
radio will turn on. But typically, it won't, so I have to shut down
Xlog, turn on the radio, then bring Xlog back up.

Is anyone else experiencing this, and if so, any fixes/workarounds?

With best regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

Is Xlog polling the rig periodically? If so, turn off that option and see if the behavior changes.

Settings->Preferences->Hamlib

73,

Andy

--