Re: [Xlog-discussion] date format

From: Andy Stewart
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] date format
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 22:16:50 -0400

On 07/16/2013 05:18 PM, HA5OGL wrote:
I started to use xlog. I want to ask is there any way to modify the date
format? Does it use the format according to the system'd default locale?

Any pointers how to change it in the code?

BTW is there any way to save the logs in CSV format? Thw .xlog format is
odd to me.

Thanks,
73s de HA5OGL
Levente

Hi Levente, John, and others,

I have modified the xlog code to output the date in the TSV file in ISO 8601 format. My example TSV file looks like this:

2008-01-31      0400    KD5CQX  7       CW      569

When importing this file into LibreOffice Calc, one needs to tell the import GUI that the first column is a date in YMD format. Once that is done, the spreadsheet is populated and it knows that this is a date. Afterwards, if one wants a different date format, one can change it with Format->Cells.

This is working for me with LibreOffice version 3.5.7.2.

This modification will be in the next xlog release (version 2.0.9).

Thanks, and 73,

Andy

--
Andy Stewart (KB1OIQ)