Re: [Xlog-discussion] getting hamlib's rigctld to work again [SOLVED]

From: Pierfrancesco Caci
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] getting hamlib's rigctld to work again [SOLVED]
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 15:24:27 +0100

Yeah, replying to self, think what you want of me...

    Pierfrancesco> Hi,
    Pierfrancesco> I'm trying to get rigctld to cooperate with xlog. in xlog
(2.0.6) I set
    Pierfrancesco> the rig model = 2, and the interface to localhost. I get "An
error
    Pierfrancesco> occurred while opening port localhost: IO error". In my
previous
    Pierfrancesco> computer, I was using rpc.rigd, hence model = 1901 and port =
    Pierfrancesco> localhost. I can't even get rpc.rigd to start here. OS is
debian wheezy,
    Pierfrancesco> hamlib as follows:
    Pierfrancesco> ii  libhamlib-dev  1.2.15.1-1   amd64        Development
library to control ra
    Pierfrancesco> ii  libhamlib-util 1.2.15.1-1   amd64        Utilities to
support the hamlib r
    Pierfrancesco> ii  libhamlib2     1.2.15.1-1   amd64        Run-time
library to control radio

    Pierfrancesco> rigctld is working as proven by using rigctl -m 2 and being
able to get
    Pierfrancesco> meaningful output.

    Pierfrancesco> So, why am I getting IO error from xlog?

So, since I was getting the same problem in fldigi, I went to check the
communications between either client and rigctld and I noticed they
attempted to use ipv6. rigctld is bound only to ipv4 sockets. So, to get
xlog and fldigi to work, replace 'localhost' with '127.0.0.1'.

Pf

--
Pierfrancesco Caci, ik5pvx