Re: [Xlog-discussion] What's new with xlog ?

From: Andy Stewart
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] What's new with xlog ?
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 20:42:32 -0500

On 11/14/2012 07:26 AM, Ed wrote:
On 11/14/2012 04:57 AM, Stephen Gilbert wrote:
Hi Andy...I think before trying to include new features, some of the
existing problems  need to be looked at.

HI everybody,

I'm really glad that people are sufficiently interested in xlog to keep writing to this email list!

I understand that there are many issues that need to be addressed, and I will become more expedient at addressing them as I learn how the code works. Adding Cabrillo v3 export support was needed IMHO and fairly easy to add. I will finish the Cabrillo v3 support with the addition of the import support. I gain confidence manipulating the code with these small successes.

I would like the next couple of releases to implement a small number of fixes or features as I learn the code. To use a baseball analogy, I'd rather hit a couple of successful singles as the new maintainer than to take a big swing at a home run and miss.

Joop created the xlog2 tree at version 2.0.5 so I'd have a solid starting point. The xlog tree is still in place.

I would like to create a clean slate with the bug reports and start fresh. If ADIF output is not up to specs, please file a bug so we can track the issue and it won't be forgotten. A pointer to a current ADIF spec will help a lot.

I'm also aware of the scoring window issue and confusion caused by the use of "0" as an indication of goodness. Chris KC2SYK will, I think, be filing an "enhancement request" :-) for this issue.

I'm not up to date on the CTY.DAT issue. If someone can explain the problem in a bug report, that would be most appreciated, again, so the issue isn't lost.

Joop has been very helpful to me in this transition, for which I thank him.

Thanks, everybody, for all of the helpful suggestions.

Have a lot of fun, and 73,

Andy

--
Andy Stewart (KB1OIQ)