[Xlog-discussion] Problems building xlog from CVS..

From: Paul Schulz
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Problems building xlog from CVS..
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 23:40:51 +0930

Greetings,

I've checkout the code from CVS on Ubuntu 9.10. After building it I
have trouble running it with the following warnings/errors.
-------------
xlog$ ./src/xlog

** (xlog:13558): WARNING **: Couldn't find pixmap file: mini-clock.xpm

** (xlog:13558): WARNING **: Could not read dxcc table

** (xlog:13558): WARNING **: Could not read area table

(xlog:13558): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_lookup: assertion
`hash_table != NULL' failed
Segmentation fault

-------------
Some comments after a quick look through the code.

The first WARNING comes from:
./src/main.c:276
  The directory being searched for is '/usr/local/share/pixmaps/xlog'
  The directory where the data is './data/pixmaps'

Is there any way of setting the data directory relative to the current
directory (for development purposes?)

The above code line is also refers to 'DATADIR', rather than
'XLOG_DATADIR', which the dxcc and map search paths use.

I suspect that the last issue is because Glib can't find the data,

Regards,
Paul

ps. Should I log bugs against these issues?