Re: [Xlog-discussion] Patch: use unicode checkmarks for confirmed contac

From: Chris Ruvolo KC2SYK
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Patch: use unicode checkmarks for confirmed contacts in scoring
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 12:49:57 -0400

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 1:48 AM, Alex <address@hidden> wrote:
> "0" - in score window - if no correctly check weather any prefix for one
> country
> from  file "CTY.DAT"
> Like in BELARUS - found 3 prefixs EU,EV,EW - QSO from EU... - count
> correctly but EV and EW - "0" !!!
> and  "use from a "0" to a "✓" is no fix a bug !

Hello, Alex.

I'm not trying to fix a bug, I'm trying to change the UI representation only.

But the behavior you describe is by design.  The scoring is based on
DXCC entity, not on the callsign prefix.  EU, EV and EW all belong to
Belarus, the DXCC entity.

A worked-all-prefixes scoring mechanism similar to the CQ WPX award
sounds like what you are talking about.  That would be a new award and
would require a new implementation in xlog.

73.
-Chris KC2SYK