[Xlog-discussion] re: Newbie XLOG Questions - It Worked!

From: Dave Collins
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] re: Newbie XLOG Questions - It Worked!
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 19:36:56 -0600

Hey everyone,

  Thanks for the helpful responses.  I was able to find the latest
version at http://nongnu.askapache.com/xlog/

I was able to unpack that in my home directory and then followed the
directions in the INSTALL file.  Since I am on Ubuntu I had to throw a
couple of sudo's in there, but it worked great.

Joop's instructions on 9/1/08 were most helpful:
===============
Open a terminal window and become root using the 'su' command.

First of all, you need to uninstall your ubuntu xlog package by typing
'apt-get remove xlog' in a terminal. You don't want conflicting xlog
versions.

Next, install the packages needed for building xlog: 'apt-get install
build-essential libgtk2.0-dev libhamlib-dev'.

As a normal user unpack the xlog source tree (the tarball) somwhere in
your home directory: 'tar xvzf xlog-1.8.1.tar.gz' and follow the
instructions in the INSTALL file, unpacked in xlog-1.8.1/INSTALL.

Regards,
Joop PG4I

  Thanks again for the help!
73's