Re: [Xlog-discussion] Crash at callsign entry

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Crash at callsign entry
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:04:47 +0100

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:19:36 -0500
Jan Ditzian <address@hidden> wrote:

> I just installed xlog on two different computers, both running
> PCLinuxOS.  Xlog appears to start properly, and I have been able to
> enter time, mode, and frequency.  I have also entered my callsign and
> gid square at the preferences pages.
>
> However, on both computers, as soon as I begin to type in the callsign
> field the program closes.
>
> While trying alternatives, I tried clicking New, and named a test
> database.  Now xlog does not even start; it begins to load, then closes
> by itself.
>
> Can someone tell me what to do to fix these problems?

Hi Jan, it all sound a bit confusing. Try starting from scratch,
I hope you did not create any logs yet.

- First remove or move your $HOME/.xlog directory
- Start xlog from a terminal
- Select Log -> New from the menu

And start experimenting. Watch for oddities in the terminal window.
On my end, xlog never crashes, but it is always good to find out
what goes on in case it does ;-)

> Jan, KX2A

Joop PG4I
--