Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog-2.0.2

From: Rob Frohne
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog-2.0.2
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 17:11:36 -0800

Hi Jack,

I looked at doing that a couple of years ago, and because of the way it is done using cwdaemon, it requires a considerable effort to add that feature. It may be easier to just dump cwdaemon and write a keying function just for xlog.

73,

Rob, KL7NA

jack b friend wrote:
Folks,

xlog-2.0.2 is now in the Ubuntu repository. it installs and works great.
saves considerable configuration by installing thru Synaptic. i use xlog
often now on a dual boot computer that defaults to Ubuntu 9.10.

my only request is that the CW keyer be improved so that one can simply
backspace to correct errors in the buffer. presently one must STOP
(escape key) to clear the buffer and that does exactly what it says:
STOP everything.

73 jack ak7o