Re: [Xlog-discussion] Hamlib error in 1.9

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Hamlib error in 1.9
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 20:12:49 +0100

Op woensdag 04-02-2009 om 21:41 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef John B.
Egger:

> > Perhaps this isn't the place for this question but all I could find in
> > sourceforge/hamlib was a developers' forum and I'm a long way from
> > being a developer.

Hi John,

judging from the output it is not a xlog problem, I see at least 2
errors. The hamlib-devel mailing list is a good starting point for
fixing this.

xlog tries to retrieve mode, power level (if you have the field
enabled), frequency, ptt and your s-meter value. This is done by polling
the rig every x millisecond if you have polling enabled. You might want
to make this time a little longer to see if this helps.

You should make yourself familiar with the rigctl binary. It is in the
ultimate tool for debugging hamlib. It is available in the hamlib-utils
package. People on the hamlib-devel can tell you if the orion II is
fully supported.

Regards,
Joop PG4I