Re: [Xlog-discussion] Install help

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Install help
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 08:11:21 +0200

Op maandag 01-09-2008 om 16:10 uur [tijdzone -0400], schreef Stewart
Whitehouse:
> Hi,
> I tried to install xlog 1.8.1 from tar but can not find it. I still show
> 1.6.2 installed. synaptic shows that 1.6.2 is the latest version and the
> version installed. I did the tar install from Desktop. I am running
> UBUNTU and still a linux novice.
> Any help will be appreciated.
> Stew ke4yh

Hi Stewart,

Open a terminal window and become root using the 'su' command.

First of all, you need to uninstall your ubuntu xlog package by typing
'apt-get remove xlog' in a terminal. You don't want conflicting xlog
versions.

Next, install the packages needed for building xlog: 'apt-get install
build-essential libgtk2.0-dev libhamlib-dev'.

As a normal user unpack the xlog source tree (the tarball) somwhere in
your home directory: 'tar xvzf xlog-1.8.1.tar.gz' and follow the
instructions in the INSTALL file, unpacked in xlog-1.8.1/INSTALL.

Regards,
Joop PG4I