Re: [Xlog-discussion] Feature request

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Feature request
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 19:48:20 +0100

Op dinsdag 18-12-2007 om 22:45 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Boris
Sorochkin:
> Hi Joop!
>
> In discussion on www.cqham.ru about xlog people figured out some nice
> features that  might be very useful.
>
> I want ask if it's possible to implement some of them in future.
>
> enable sending call sign from xDx to xlog

I want to do it the other way. xdx will ask xlog if a spotted callsign
is in the log and then colorize the dx-spot accordingly. For example
make new countries red.

> qrz.com lookup. probably integration with external program like
> callgit or use it's source.

Yes, this is a good idea. Several people have asked about this.

> integration or use of dxcc program (it returns dxcc info for call
> sign)

I don't see why this is helpful. xlog already uses cty.dat for DX
information.

> language select for name, QTH and REMARKS fields - some Russian and
> Israeli hams was interested in writing QSO data in native language
> (it's might be useful when you have to change tree or four different
> layouts).

That's not possible i'm afraid. You should start xlog in a certain
language environment. There is no possibility for linux applications to
change language while the program is running. On the other hand, I am
not a language guru... ;-)

> feature to define custom scoring for different contests and awards.

This is planned for a future versions. It's a lot of work, but basically
I want to use some kind of template for defining awards or contests.

> Great regards,
> Boris, 4Z5ST

Thanks,
Joop PG4I