Re: [Xlog-discussion] UTC?

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] UTC?
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 09:29:59 +0100

Op dinsdag 04-12-2007 om 01:11 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef John L.
Wilkerson Jr.:
> The log displays UTC for a QSO.
>
> How do you set UTC?  From what I can tell, it just uses system time.  In
> order to actually get UTC time, you need to set your system clock to
> UTC. Naturally, then this will mess up time stamps on files and such.

What distro do you have?

There should be a system administration tool to tell your OS whether you
have set the system clock to UTC or local timezone. Next, you need to
tell it in which timezone you are.

> Am I missing a setting somewhere, or is this a design flaw?

Please read you distro's documentation, or ask at some support forum or
mailing list if you can't find a solution. It is not a design flaw...

> --John

Joop PG4I