[Xlog-discussion] Re: [Tlf-devel] cwdaemon-0.9.4 released

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Re: [Tlf-devel] cwdaemon-0.9.4 released
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 07:46:17 +0100 (CET)

> ...First you need to configure and install unixcw
> A STEP BACK?
>
> I believe we need a most compact binary and not a nightmare depending on
> the 1024 libraries installed before... Take unixcw and simply integrate
> it into cwdaemon...

I could of course do this, but this means that with every release of
unixcw, I would need to re-distribute cwdaemon. Working with shared
libraries is every-day life in Linux. You should get familiar with it.

Also, when more applications do depend on unixcw, a single shared library
will handle all the soundcard handling, speaker beeping and Morse timing,
which IMHO is very keen...

> BTW cwdaemon still needs some help. It works OK on a custom kernel with
> sample rate of 1000 Hz. Once I left by mistake the sample rate at 250 Hz
> I was quite unpleasantly surprised with the stammering CW at 33 wpm.

Why would you want to change the kernel sample rate? What happens to
cwdaemon if you do? "Stammering CW" does not tell me much...

> KISAP please (Keep It Simple As Possible)!
>
> 73,
> Matin, OK1RR

Regards,
Joop PG4I