[Xlog-discussion] Got it!

From: Karl F. Larsen
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Got it!
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 11:28:00 -0600

Well as Tomi said first just get the tarball and unpack it which I had already done. Then I went to xlog-1.3.1/ and used /.configure and found I had at least one and it turned out 3 depencies were missing so I could not get a RPM made.

I learned about yum. I had never used it but Tomi showed me that and it worked. I had the yum hamlib and hamlib-devel that Xlog needs. Then I needed XTK2 and Tomi said to yum that and it worked. Then I needed a file gnomeprint. I said heck I will use Add/Delete and get that Gnome devel file. That worked and I ran a ./configure and it ran through to completion. Then I read INSTALL and figured out what to put after the ./configure to get what I wanted. So I used this to make my RPM.

#./configure --enable-hamlib --prefix=/user && make rpm

and as root it did EXACTLY what I wanted and my RPM for xlog works just great :-) . It has been several years since I last made a RPM. Now I need to see if I can tell how good the RPM really is.

--
Karl Larsen, aka K5DI
Linux user since 1994 70 years old and still having fun