Re: [Xlog-discussion] design of the score window

From: Bob Nielsen
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] design of the score window
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 09:26:54 -0800

On Dec 28, 2005, at 4:45 AM, Joop Stakenborg wrote:

Attached is a screenshot of the score window which will hopefully be added to the next release. It keeps track of worked and confirmed DXCC countries and CQ zones in the logs that are opened. I have also moved the DXCC and locator frames to this window, so we have all information in one place.

Do we need just one DXCC row in the bottom-right list, or do we need
things like DXCC-CW, DXCC-SSB and DXCC-mixed?

What about the number of bands, should 50 Mhz be included or even more bands?

What about modes, should we add RTTY and more modes?

I guess the rows to be displayed could be made configurable (I would
myself only be interested in CW contacts), do we want this?

Thanks,

Here are my thoughts--
I would like to see RTTY listed. Since "mixed" is met by any of the modes, I don't see where that would be especially useful (although I still have a few DXCC countries which I worked on CW prior to 1975 and still need for CW credit). RTTY, on the other hand would be useful to me. So things don't get too cluttered, I think making it configurable is a good idea.

73,
Bob, N7XY