Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog-0.9 released

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog-0.9 released
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 06:15:13 -0600

* Stephane Fillod <address@hidden> [2003 Nov 12 16:49 -0600]:

> You're quite right Bob. Xlog flexible format has been designed to
> achieved just this. And using sort(1), cut(1), uniq(1), awk(1), etc.
> should cover most needs.
>
> If anyone doesn't see how, just ask for real cases, and we'll
> contribute scripts to do it. Then these scripts may be included in
> the future xlog release.

I'll admit up front to not ever having a good background in these
classic UNIX tools.  Some example script(s) would help me learn them,
that's for sure.  I would like to see an example that sorts by date and
then time--oldest QSO at the beginning of the file to most recent QSO at
the end.

As for an embedded DB, I would like to see the current flat file
supported and perhaps an SQLite option, if Joop is so inclined.  The
SQLite option would probably be considered experimental for a while.  I
can see advantages for each storage medium.

73, de Nate >>

 Internet | address@hidden               | free since January 1998.
 Location | Bremen, Kansas USA EM19ov           |  "Debian, the choice of
  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  |     a GNU generation!"
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |   http://www.debian.org