Re: [Xlog-discussion] mia 746

From: Stephane Fillod
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] mia 746
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 01:17:51 +0200

Hola Eric,

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
> I'm a glutton for punishment building my own CI-V interface and then
> trying out xlog in preparation for the cqww.  Needless to say, I'm not
> having the best of luck.  ;-)

I would recommend you "tlf" for HF contests, even though I still use xlog
for VHF/UHF contest :)

> Seriously, I only encountered one major problem with xlog 0.8something.
>  The drop-down list for radio control did not list an icon 746.  What's
> the best way to get that turned on?

Ask for it? which you did :)
I've just added support for the Icom 746/pro in Hamlib [http://hamlib.org],
which is the control library used by xlog (and tlf BTW).
You will have to pull it out the CVS repository if you want to use it
for the cqww. If you're not familiar with CVS, you may wait for the next
release, and in the meantime, use the icom756 from the xlog drop-down list,
and set the config parameter "civaddr=0x56" for the Ic746 (only in xlog
0.9?).

GL & see you in the contest (you may find my little pistol in the QRM :).

Cheers,
Stephane - F8CFE