Re: [Xlog-discussion] 0.9pre3

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] 0.9pre3
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 01:08:50 +0200

Wilbert Knol wrote:

I am going to put the diode back in (the manufacturer's default), and try it with XLOG polling 'off' to see how that works. I am keen to go back to the 'transceive mode' default, so I can still use the rig with CT if I have to.

Hi Wilbert,
I would be very curious to know it this works. You may still get collisions if you hit ctrl-k at the same time when the rig is transmitting information on the bus, just hit ctrl-k again.

The old pixmap based S-meter is back and there are also some
changes requested by Tomi and Luc.

I am wondering what resolution the pixmap is? It didn't display properly on my old laptop (800x600 pixels). Anyway, it's no big deal..my rig doesn't transmit S-meter info.

okay, it looks like: http://people.debian.org/~pa3aba/xlog-hamlib2.png

I haven't really thought about rig's which have no s-meter information, I guess you would at least see the 'S' and then 9 black pixmaps. Maybe I should give this some more thought....

A suggestion: when I make a QSO, I type in the call, and fill in the fields with ctrl-k. Then I log the QSO with ctrl-a. For the next QSO, I must first use the mouse to click on the callsign field in order to select it.

Would it be possible to make the cursor stay in the callsign field (or, more generally, in whatever field it was in) following ctrl-a?

This would speed up rapid-fire logging considerably.

Yes, seems like a good idea to me.

Anyway, I must say, I am suitably impressed with this release. It's pretty slick.

Thanks!

Wilbert, ZL2BSJ

Regards,
Joop