[Xlog-discussion] Re: XLOG Question

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Re: XLOG Question
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 19:25:37 +0100

Larry Kirkland wrote:
Joop;

Hi Larry.

I recently installed XLog on a Mandrake 9.0 setup. I am a relative newby, so please excuse my ignorance.

I installed it using the latest RPM (0.8-1). I am on unable to start xlog as a normal user. I must become root in order to execute Xlog. The error message I get at the terminal prompt is "Segmentation fault". I am assuming that some file permissions need to be changed. I did a "chmod" on all the Xlog files that I found, but still no luck. Do you have any suggestions?

Yes, please compile from source. The segfault probably has nothing to do
with not being root. I think it is caused by library incompatibilities
between your Mandrake and my Debian system.

Compiling should be easy. Install libc6-dev, libgtk1.2-dev and the
X development packages and type ./configure; make; make install.
See the INSTALL file for details.

I am not using HamLib as my radio is not supported yet (FT-1000mp).

Xlog works fine as root with the exception of beam headings. I am probably entering the longitude and latitude incorrectly. I will continue to play with that. For example ZP is approx. 160 degrees from here but Xlog reports 242 degrees short path. I have entered 33.97 N and 80.89 W as my coordinates.

Strange thing. Are you sure your coordinates are right?

I also use xdx here with Thanks for a great program and good luck.
73's
Larry W4LK

Regards,
Joop PA4TU <pa4tu at amsat.org>