[Xlog-discussion] Live dupe checking (xlog-0.8beta2)

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Live dupe checking (xlog-0.8beta2)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 21:16:19 +0100

Just a few days after beta1, here is beta2....

I have added 'live dupe checking'. Selected 'Tools->Worked B4' from the
menu. A dialog will display a sorted list of callsigns while you type.
Type a 'D' and all calls starting with 'D' will be displayed, type
the next letter: 'L', you will see all calls starting with 'DL', etc.

It is much quicker than I thought (and much easier to program than I thought).
With a log of 1100 QSO's, there is no noticable delay when entering a callsign.
This is on a 1.3 GHZ K7, just let me know how it feels on your system and I
will see what I can do....

The width of the columns in the 'Worked B4' dialog have been fixed.
My experience is that enabling 'automatic column width justification' will
slow things down. I have also limited the number of columns to 7 for
the same reason: the more data, the slower it gets.

Some questions:
- Are the columns wide enough for all fields?
- Do we need a similar row_select function for this dialog as in the dupe
result
  dialog,  e.g. a QSO in the 'Worked B4' dialog is selected and the
corresponding
  entry in the log is highlighted?
- Any other comments?

As always, the URL is: