Re: [Xlog-discussion] Re: second 0.6 beta

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Re: second 0.6 beta
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 21:33:38 +0100

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:38:08 +0100
Stephane Fillod <address@hidden> wrote:

> >   * Mode and signal strength is retrieved from the rig. Clickable buttons
> > added
> >     to the QSO frame.
> >   * Created a dockable s-meter for the statusbar which uses a pixmap to
> > draw the
> >     signal level from S0-S9.
>
> Who said Hamlib is not fun ? hi.

There is no life without hamlib.

> > Most noticable for users of xlog: from now on, logs will be saved to
> >  ~/.xlog/log.xlog, the top line of this file will indicate the number of
> > fields,
> > field name and field width.
>
> ~/.xlog/log.xlog is good as a default. However, to me, only preferences
> should go in the ~/.xlog directory. Data have a right to be somewhere
> else. With a multi-log capability, instead of loading *.xlog from ~/.xlog,
> maybe remembering in ~/.xlog/preferences the pathname of last open log
> files should be enough. What do you think?

I will put a default path in the preferences dialog for the logs. Should
be easy.

> > Also, Stephane is now officialy a xlog developer ;-), see the AUTHORS file.
> > So, next beta (probably the latest before 0.6) will hopefully have
> > multiple logs and a configurable number of fields.

Skip that (about the last beta). There will be more betas.
Maybe we can bump the version number to 1.0 once everything is
working.

> Ah! I'm waiting for the configurable number of fields for a long time.
> Actually this is the only "feature" I still miss to switch to xlog as my
> main  logging application. Why? because in France, we are _required_ to
> log also the End time of the QSO and the transmitted Power.
> And then, expect to see a patch to import twlog log files very quick ;-)

Agreed, xlog should be usable for just any ham, indifferent of country,
mode or band (hf/vhf/uhf). I plan to add the wwl code to xlog for calculating
locator based distances.

> Cheers,
>  Stephane

Cheerio,