Re: [XForms] creating a popup, or new window, with variable number of sl

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] creating a popup, or new window, with variable number of sliders
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 19:50:38 +0200

Hi Peter,

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 04:38:00PM -0700, Peter Rowat wrote:
>   I have a main form, and after selecting some items I need to create a
> window  (or popup?) containing one slider for each item to assign variable
> values.  How should I do this?
>
> The description of popups seems to be restricted to textual items, no
> valuator items.
> Can I create a new form or window from a callback?

Yes, of course (and a new form typically involves a new window).
If want to make it look more like a pop-up then show the form/
window without window decorations, i.e. call fl_show_form() with
the 'border' argument set to 'FL_NOBORDER'.

> Maybe: create a new form, add sliders, then reparent it to the main form?

If you want the slider in the main window you can also create
all the slidwers, but make them invisible at the start (using
fl_hide_object()) and, when the user selects an item, unhide
the corresponding slider (with fl_show_object()).

                           Best regards, Jens