Re: [XForms] Clipboard copying is not UTF-8 aware

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Clipboard copying is not UTF-8 aware
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 11:01:11 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 11:44:53PM +0700, Рысь wrote:
> I watched XForms for a long time and waited for UTF-8 support in it,
> because otherwise XForms is more saner.
>
> Here is a bug I experienced while trying to port my program to XForms:
>
> Entering Russian texts into XForms text edits works nice and I see
> proper Russian glyphs. However when I try to copy text from the text
> edits, I get a garbled characters in place where Russian text should be.
>
> For example, I input: "тестtest", try to copy it with selecting
> anything and I paste the contents with middle click in gtk2 program and
> I get this: "тестtest". However when I paste it back to XForms I
> get proper Russian text again.
>
> My clipboard agent shows same garbled characters when I copy non-ASCII
> texts from XForms.
>
> Is this a sign of misconfiguration or it's just a bug that should be
> fixed?

I can't tell at the moment but it's definitely something that
could be a bug. I will take a closer look when I find the time
to start working in the UTF-8 version again. In the meantime
please be advised that the UTF-8 version is still in develop-
ment, there are still a number of bugs, also with drawing the
forms (due to the necessity to use TTF fonts that use anti-
alialising, which interfers with some aspects of the wat re-
draws are done).
                    A happy new year and best regards, Jens