[XForms] Clipboard copying is not UTF-8 aware

From: Рысь
Subject: [XForms] Clipboard copying is not UTF-8 aware
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 23:44:53 +0700

Hello!

I watched XForms for a long time and waited for UTF-8 support in it,
because otherwise XForms is more saner.

Here is a bug I experienced while trying to port my program to XForms:

Entering Russian texts into XForms text edits works nice and I see
proper Russian glyphs. However when I try to copy text from the text
edits, I get a garbled characters in place where Russian text should be.

For example, I input: "тестtest", try to copy it with selecting
anything and I paste the contents with middle click in gtk2 program and
I get this: "тестtest". However when I paste it back to XForms I
get proper Russian text again.

My clipboard agent shows same garbled characters when I copy non-ASCII
texts from XForms.

Is this a sign of misconfiguration or it's just a bug that should be
fixed?

--
http://lynxlynx.tk/
Power electronics made simple