[XForms] Writing an oscilloscope screen with multiple moving signals

From: Peter Rowat
Subject: [XForms] Writing an oscilloscope screen with multiple moving signals
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 13:41:35 -0800

I’m trying to get started on re-writing a system I had written in SunView back in the 1990s. The heart of it is a display of multiple signals moving across the screen, like an oscilloscope. In XForms, should I use a free object as in the “freedraw” demo, or should I start with the “XYplot” demo. I need to use a single “box” as the signal amplitudes and the signal positions need to be modifiable interactively, as the user sees how their system (typically a dynamical system) is functioning.  The signals can overlap. I’ve been looking at several demos and it isn’t yet clear to me the appropriate way to proceed.

Any suggestions?

Peter Rowat