Re: [XForms] xforms rpm

From: Bill Unruh
Subject: Re: [XForms] xforms rpm
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 12:39:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 28 May 2015, Jens Thoms Toerring wrote:

On Mageia, an rpm based distro, it is libxpm-devel and
libmesagl1-devel
for the BuildDepends in libxforms.spec

Oh, sh*t;-) Do you have, by any chance, an idea what conditional
one should use in the .spec file to detect if the rpm is build
on Mageia? Then I could make those requirements depend on it...

uname -v has "mga" in it, if it is a Mageia compiled kernel.
There is a file called
/etc/mageia-release
which contains the release number (Mageia release 3 (Official) for i586 ) is an example.

%mkrel has "mga" in it.
(on mageia 3 rpmspec --eval='%mkrel 1' gives 1.mga3 )

Also %{_host_vendor} is mageia (probably the best thing to use).

So

BuildRequires:   libjpeg-devel
%if %{_host_vendor} == mageia
BuildRequires:   libmesagl1-devel
BuildRequires:   libxpm-devel
%else
BuildRequires:   libXpm-devel
BuildRequires:   mesa-libGL-devel
%endif

works. (I have only tried that on Mageia)
I would guess the other distros would also have _host_vendor defined, but I do
not know.

                 Thank you and best regards, Jens