Re: [XForms] How to proceed?

From: Serge Bromow
Subject: Re: [XForms] How to proceed?
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 16:06:21 -0400

Hi Jens,

I agree with previous posts that the new changes are welcome enhancements. We will collectively work out the bugs as we have done in the past. As you note yourself without these changes I fear Xforms would become a moribund API over time.

Indeed adding the;

#if ! FL_ENABLE_XFT
    setenv( "LC_CTYPE", "invalid", 1 );
#endif

is a small task for those who prefer to use the built in X11 fonts without burdening you with the maintenance effort required to support multiple branches. I will use it for my programs until I find time to tweak each screen.

I say "FULL STEAM AHEAD"! (hope the fog breaks soon)

And finally, I tip my hat to you Jens for all your work and initiative in moving xforms into the 21st Century and making all of our work better.

Cheers,

Serge