Re: [XForms] XForms failure after upgrading to Fedora 19

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] XForms failure after upgrading to Fedora 19
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 21:13:35 +0100

Hi Bill,

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 11:21:05AM -0800, Bill Unruh wrote:
> Although this kludge would fix the problem, it might be good to also issue
> and error message to somewhere (stderr?, syslog?) so that someone in the
> future who wants to handle this message would know what xforms is doing.

A warning message gets written to stderr ("Throwing away _XIM_PROTOCOL
message", together with the file name and line) if the program is run
with the '-fldebug' option set to at least 1. That's the way all in-
ternal warnings are dealt with, so I guess it's the proper way to do
it also here.

> Is this a bug in Gnome? Sounds like it, so it should probably be sent
> upstream.

To me it looks a bit like a bug - but perhaps it's a feature;-)
I'm still looking what would be the best place to write to, per-
haps it's the "Bugsquat mailing list". If someone has a better
suggestion please let me know.

                         Best regards, Jens