Re: [XForms] New pre-release xforms-1.0.94pre32

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] New pre-release xforms-1.0.94pre32
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 17:10:56 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 09:38:14PM +0100, Jens Thoms Toerring wrote:
>    here's the next and hopefully also last pre-release for
> the nearer future:
>
> http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/xforms/xforms-1.0.94pre32.tar.gz
>
> Should you test this please be aware that everythhing has been
> set up for the coming 1.2 release while the current version is
> numver still 1.0.94pre32. This might result in a number of com-
> plaints when trying to build the RPM packages (or checking them
> with rpmlint). To avoid that please change the fouth line in
> the file configure.ac from
>
> AC_INIT([xforms],[1.0.94pre32],address@hidden)

> AC_INIT([xforms],[1.2.0],address@hidden)
>
> and then run './autogen.sh' before continuing with './configure'
> (but this requires that you have libtool, autoconf and automake
> installed).

Michal Szymanski just noticed that on his machine these in-
structions weren't good enough: running './autgen.sh' pro-
duced several error messages and the resulting './configure'
script didn't work. I now tracked this down to the file
'config/libtool.m4' not getting replaced by the correct ver-
sion on his machine (with an older libtool version). The work-
around is to delete 'config/libtool.m4' *before* running
'./autgen.sh'. Then things seem to work properly again. I will
amend the './autogen.sh' script to do this automatically.

                    Best regards, Jens