Re: [XForms] Reminder: new 1.2 release coming soon

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Reminder: new 1.2 release coming soon
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 14:19:09 +0100

Hi Serge,

On Mon, Dec 09, 2013 at 07:12:50AM -0500, Serge Bromow wrote:
> Due to time constraints I was only able to re-saved about 30 major
> forms to test the new code generated by fdesign. It appears I have
> just over 200 forms including Pop-Ups.

If you plan to do more tests then I'll definitely wait for
your results! It's not that it would be a lot of extra time
compared to the 11.5 years it's now since version 1.0 ;-)

> In order to better test the
> final result I was wondering if we could add a new argument to
> fdesign. A "-migrate" maybe.
>
> The intent here would be to convert the 13000 or later series of .fd
> files to the latest release and then I could execute the -migrate
> and then -convert so the new code reflects fdesign's latest
> conversion process. This would simulate me saving each file and
> recompiling. In my case I don't care that the old .fd file are over
> written. Indeed I would prefer that so at the end of my testing I
> have exactly what I would get if I were working on a project with
> the latest fdesign.
>
> I can try to add this myself. I believe I found all the routines
> that perform the conversion and save forms.

Sounds like a good idea to me. If you already have patched
fdesign for this just give the diffs, otherwise I think it
also shouldn't be too much of a problem (if I remember cor-
rectly there's one single place in the function for saving
where it is checked if fdesign is in 'convert' mode, and if
it is, writing out the .fd file is skipped - that would be
the place where checking for 'migrate-mode' probably should
be added).
                       Best regards, Jens