[XForms] Mew pre-release xforms-1.0.94pre18

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: [XForms] Mew pre-release xforms-1.0.94pre18
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 00:13:01 +0200

Hi everybody,

   after some time of inactivity with respect to XFiorms due to
too much other work I'm now again out of (paid for;-) work and
thus have some more time to spend on XFrorms. I have tried to
address all the bugs and suggestions that arrived in the last
months. The result is a new pre-release ready for testing:

http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/xforms/xforms-1.0.94pre18.tar.gz

[As usual there is probably going some delay before it has be-
come available on the mirrors one gets redirected to by default.]

Major modifications are:

a) Fixes for bugs in tabfolders and speed problems with forms containing
   lots of objects reported by Rob Carpenter;
b) inclusion of the the patch by Paul Nicholson for the troubles in
   reading fdesign files Bill Unruh encountered;
c) fixes for a number of problems with fdesign (especially when
   cutting/pasting objects and groups) Sian Mountbatten pointed out,
d) addition of two new functions for XYPLOT objects;
    int fl_set_xyplot_log_minor_xtics(FL_OBJECT * obj, int yesno);
    int fl_set_xyplot_log_minor_ytics(FL_OBJECT * obj, int yesno);
   that allow to request logarithmically spaced minor tics as it was
   proposed by Bill Unruh;
e) some cleaning up of the control panel of fdesign (including the
   removal of some buttons that just reproduced functionality already
   available via the menus); some small handling changes (e.g. a
   right-click in the window with the form deselects the selected
   object class in the ocject class browser so that one switch more
   easily to selecting objects instead of creating new ones);
f) a new browser type, FL_DESELECTABLE_HOLD_BROWSER, was added which is
   a minor variation on the FL_HOLD_BROWSER in that it allows the user
   to deselect a previously made selection (in which case the browser
   gets returned to fl_do_forms() or it's callback is invoked).

I have tried to fix the bugs I got told about but in a few cases
wasn't able to reproduce them. Thus I would like to ask you to test
the things that failed for you again with the new version and complain
loudly if they still dont work.

As usual I would be grateful if as many of you as possible could
test the new pre-release with your programs using XForms. And since
there are a number of changes in fdesign it would also be helpful
if you would also give it a try.

                              Best regards, Jens