Re: [XForms] Converting fdesign 1.0 .fd file to the new fdformat

From: Paul
Subject: Re: [XForms] Converting fdesign 1.0 .fd file to the new fdformat
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 12:08:38 +0000

I just tested this here on a .fd created 1999-05
(Magic: 13000)

On running fdesign on that fd file I get a message
box

   Warning:

   File /data1/karn/dftx.fd
 was created with an older fdesign version,
 the new output file may not be compatible

I dismiss the warning box and fdesign then opens the .fd
but with some slight problems.

I get the same warning on a .fd created 2006-12-28
(Magic: 13000)

More recent .fd files have Magic: 15000

Bill wrote:
> the key value is invalid in one of the items (ignore)

I couldn't reproduce that bit.

> all I get is black blank screen and the fdesign
> creation window.

Here I get the form layout displayed ok, just with some
minor faults.

Could be there is one particular object that is giving
fdesign a problem on Bill's form?

I guess we need a look at Bill's .fd file to work out which
object is causing the problem.

--
Paul Nicholson